PeopleCaddie’s Talent Cloud Helped Client to Find Scarce Talent to Staff More Engagements

A large U.S.-based public accounting firm was having difficulty staffing up to meet the demand for transaction advisory services (TAS) projects. These TAS projects for SPAC clients were highly profitable for the firm, but industry-wide SPAC volume had ramped up quickly, leading to a resource-constrained environment. By partnering with PeopleCaddie, they were able to rapidly staff to meet demand with high-quality contract resources and grow their revenue.

Supplier of TAS SPAC
Contractors Nationwide
TAS Projects


Due to a strong wave of SPAC activity nationwide, demand for TAS projects was high. After attempting to address its resource needs by shuffling existing staff and working with its internal recruiting team to source external talent, the firm still needed to quickly find additional resources. Given the highly-specialized nature, the firm was looking for Seniors and Managers with 2 – 6 years of transactional advisory experience at a Big 4 firm or a reputable investment bank.

They simultaneously reached out to a group of national staffing firms and to PeopleCaddie, “the talent cloud for the highly-skilled gig economy”. PeopleCaddie was able to fill 80% of the positions, with the traditional staffing firms collectively filling the remaining 20%. On average it took one week between receiving the job request and placing a candidate.

With the support of PeopleCaddie, the firm utilized contractors across 20+ TAS clients, increasing transaction advisory services revenue for the firm.

PeopleCaddie’s High-Touch Service Saved the Firm Time and Effort

To ensure that the client was able to move quickly on identified contractors, PeopleCaddie provided an extremely high level of support to the TAS partners. PeopleCaddie assigned a dedicated client success team composed of a relationship manager and a recruiting coordinator, with a pre-defined escalation process for any situations that required higher-level attention.

Although PeopleCaddie operates a digital talent marketplace, in contrast to typical on-demand platforms, it provides a full-service, high-touch contingent labor solution designed to minimize the time required from partners and internal staff. This allowed the public accounting firm to hire faster, filling more openings with less internal effort.

During the process, PeopleCaddie:

Sourced and vetted TAS contractors with desired backgrounds

Coordinated interviews

Negotiated pay rates

Handled offers and background checks

Onboarded and payrolled hires

Provided contractor oversight

Helped with conversions and offboarding as well as contract extensions

The Close Collaboration with PeopleCaddie Generated Dramatic Results

As a function of it’s partnership with PeopleCaddie, the client was able to:

Quickly Place Quality Talent


They secured highly-scarce, Big-4 quality TAS contractors who were indistinguishable from internal resources. 88% of the resources that were placed had their initial contracts extended and 29% of those that extended received and accepted offers to convert to permanent employment.

Drive Revenue Growth


By having the resources on hand, they captured incremental revenue by being able to adequately staff more SPAC-driven TAS engagements rather than being forced to turn down the business due to a lack of resources.

Stay on Budget


Containing contingent labor staffing costs enabled the partner’s group to meet margin objectives and increase profitability. With transparent margins from PeopleCaddie, the firm was able to staff higher-quality contractors at a better price than traditional staffing firms.

Mauro CusmanoPublic Accounting Transaction Advisory Services (TAS)